Leaving a gift to Ty Cariad Africa in your Will
We cannot express how grateful we are for your continued support for the children - without you we could not continue to provide care for these children. But have you considered leaving a legacy in your Will? If so the following may help you with your decision.
Leaving a gift to Ty Cariad Africa can make a lasting impact, it can also help reduce potential inheritance tax that may be due on your estate. Leaving money in your Will enables the work you were supporting to continue.
Inheritance Tax (IHT)
You can leave everything to your spouse tax free, but after that each of us is subject to Inheritance Tax, the threshold of which is currently set at £325,000. Beyond this threshold, anything we leave behind is subject to Inheritance Tax of 40%. Charitable gifts left in Wills are outside your estate, and are therefore not subject to the 40% tax.
Why make a Will?
Making a Will is the best way of ensuring that your assets are left to those you wish to benefit - your family, your loved ones and friends. It can also help ensure the future of those causes you care about such as Ty Cariad Africa.
What are the different types of legacy?
Pecuniary - basically it’s a cash amount, you state in your Will that you wish to leave £X amount to your chosen charity. The executor of the estate ensures that this amount will go to that charity.
Specific - when you leave a specific item such as property or shares. For instance you could leave £X worth of individual shares to charity.
Residuary - once everything has been paid such as gifts, taxes, debts and costs, whatever is left goes to your chosen charity.
So that your wish is carried out, you should seek professional advice, normally a solicitor who will draw up the Will for you. This will ensure your Will is legally correct and that your wishes are carried out. Your solicitor will help you value your estate, choose the type of legacy to leave, and choose your Executors.
Our promise to you
- We will respect your privacy. Your Will is a personal document; we will not ask for details of your pledge and you do not need to share this with us if you do not wish to.
- We recognise that your family and loved ones come first. We will only ever ask that, once you have made provision for them, you will consider making a gift to Ty Cariad Africa.
- We promise to be good stewards of your bequest. We assure you that your gift will be used wisely and cost effectively so that it has the greatest impact in the work Ty Cariad Africa is engaged in.
- We will use your gift where there is the greatest need at that time unless you would prefer your gift to be directed towards a specific area such as children’s education.
- Ty Cariad Africa seeks to be honest, transparent and compassionate.
- We will show your family and loved ones compassion, integrity and honesty throughout our legacy administration processes.
- We respect your right, at any time, to change your mind about the gift in your Will to Ty Cariad Africa.
- We will treat your data (the information you pass onto us) with confidence. We will keep this information in a secure location and we promise not to share your details with anyone else.
- We will never unduly influence legal practitioners to encourage gifts to Ty Cariad Africa, nor pressure you to leave a Will.
Thank you for your interest in leaving a legacy to Ty Cariad Africa. Your gift will be appreciated by generations to come.
If you have already made a Will and would like to leave a legacy to Ty Caraid Africa, all you have to do is contact your solicitor and inform them that you would like to leave a legacy, along with the specific details.
An example of how you could support the work of Ty Cariad Africa in your Will:-
“I leave to Ty Cariad Africa Charity, Registration Number 1124100 (Proportion of residues to be completed) for its general purposes, and I direct that the receipt of the Treasurer or other duly authorised officer shall be sufficient discharge to my executors”
Should you require further information, please contact the office.